Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Betty's new Africa photo/proverb book coming soon

Dear friends and colleagues:
The following is from my wife, Betty Press, who has just completed a book with some of her best photos from Africa. Since I am a big fan of her work, I thought you wouldn’t mind getting this email about it. Enjoy! Bob Press

I have some very exciting news. The book that I have been working on for the last year is now a reality. It is called I Am Because We Are: African Wisdom in Image and Proverb and consists of a selection of my B&W African photographs combined with related African proverbs compiled by my good friend Annetta Miller, a lifelong resident of East Africa. It is published in partnership with Books For Africa.

The book presents a different “image” of Africa, one of hope, celebration, and appreciation for what the African culture has given to the whole world.

Please check out details at www.AfricanWisdomInImageAndProverb.com. The book will be out in early September. For those of you who want to be among “the first” to get the book you can preorder on the web site and get free shipping. The books will be sent out when they arrive from the printer.

There will be several events surrounding the launch of the book and I will be sending out updates on these events as the time comes close.. Or follow me on my blog or facebook. Links are on the web page.

I know there are many people who are interested in Africa who would like to know about this book so please share this with friends on Facebook or send me their email addresses so I can add them to my mailing list.

If you do not want to receive any more information on the book just reply with this message in the subject line “Thanks for this; no updates needed.”

Thanks for your interest in my work.
Betty Press
Bettypress@gmail.com
www.bettypress.com
www.AfricanWisdomInImageAndProverb.com book website with photos; & to order
www.iambecauseweareafricanwisdom.blogspot.com betty’s book blog
www.booksforafrica.org

No comments: